This caesar salad recipe was created as a part of my February Raddish Box makeover. It was so good, it earned it’s very own post!
Traditional caesar salads include several ingredients I and many of my clients regularly avoid. My goal was to ditch the anchovies and dairy for a delicious plant based dressing and find a way to have croutons without bread or even gf bread.
I ended up with a cashew based dressing and well flavored cauliflower instead of the croutons. Apparently, I hit the nail on the head for both because hubs has been asking for an encore ever since.
Without further adeiu…
- 1 head romain lettuce
- 1 bunch kale
- Cauliflower Croutons
- 3-4 cups frozen cauliflower, defrosted and chopped small
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado oil
- splash of coconut aminos
- Caesar Dressing
- 1/2 cup cashews quick soaked in hot water for 10 min
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- Once your cauliflower is chopped, wrap it up in a towel and squeeze as much liquid out as possible.
- Heat avocado oil in a skillet on medium high heat.
- Add cauliflower, then the garlic powder, salt, pepper and coconut aminos to taste and saute until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth adding more water if necessary. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Cut romaine into bite sized strips and remove the center rib from the kale and cut into bit sized strips.
- Toss greens, dressing and cauliflower croutons together. Enjoy!
P.P.S. Find all my Raddish Box Recipes HERE